The 7 bedroom guest accommodation, trading as “The Moorings”, can cater for
the needs of many visitors. The following statement is a summary of the
facilities provided. If you have any questions which haven’t been addressed in
the statement, please get in touch.
- The physical structure and layout of the building makes the premises
unsuitable for people with serious mobility impairment.
- It is possible to accommodate guests with a hearing or visual impairment if
they are accompanied so as to ensure their safety.
- Information about the Moorings can be accessed via its basic website.
- Contact is available via a standard telephone or e-mail. Details can be
found on the final page of this statement.
- This access statement is available in all the Welcome Folders. A version in
a larger font is available on request.
- The nearest bus stop is an approximate 4-minute walk away.
- Trams go right along the Promenade from Starr Gate to Fleetwood. The nearest
tram stop is a 5-minute walk away.
- The nearest major railway station is Blackpool North, which is either a 5
minute car or taxi journey away or an approximate 20 minute walk. Talbot Road
Bus station is similarly placed.
- A taxi can be booked for you. Please ask.
- For the most up-to-date information on public transport accessibility
issues, please contact the relevant authority.
- Blackpool town centre is approximately a 20-minute walk away, a 5 minute
taxi ride away or a 10 minute tram journey away.
- If arriving by car, you may park for free and without any restrictions on
the road outside the Moorings, or on most of the surrounding roads. We have
driveway parking for 3 cars allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
- Assistance with luggage is available.
- A contact telephone number is displayed externally on signage, standard in
- Access to the standard double-width front entrance door is via 4 stone-tiled
- A solid metal handrail runs alongside the steps on the left hand side.
- The entrance hall is on the level and has a short-pile fitted carpet.
- Seating, without arms, is available in the entrance hall near to reception.
- Telephone contact is available 24 hours a day.
- All prices are available at reception. A large print version is available on
- Doors to the main TV lounge, dining
room and bar areas. lead off the
- The building has 3 floors, i.e. ground, 1st and 2nd.
All public areas are on the ground floor.
- Corridors, stairs, bedrooms and public areas are well lit and have a fitted
- The stairs from ground floor to 1st floor and 1st to 2nd floor are of normal
- A bathroom is situated on the 1st floor, which comprise of a standard sized
bath, toilet and washbasin. This facility is available for use by all residents.
- All meals are served in the dining room on the ground floor.
- Dining room furniture can be moved on request.
- Chairs are all without arms.
- Menus can, if required, be provided in large print.
- Special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- The lounge bar doesn’t have set hours, but is generally open from 5.00pm,
and is closed at about 10.30pm.
- The TV lounge which has large windowsis overlooking the front
and open to residents until bar closing time. It has seating which consists of settees, and separate chairs. A large TV is located here.
- There are 7 bedrooms in total.
- All bedrooms are fitted with a short-pile carpet.
- All bedrooms are en-suite.
- There are 4 bedrooms on the 1st floor. They comprise of: 1 family room (1 double bed, 1 single bed ), 1 twin room (2 single beds), 1 double rooms (1 double bed ) and 1 single room (1
4ft 6” bed).
- There are 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. They comprise of: 2 double rooms (1
double bed in each). 1 family room (1 double bed, 1 single bed).
- All double beds are accessible from either side.
- All bedding is majority non-feather.
- Furniture in the bedrooms is not movable.
- Each bedroom has a colour TV with remote control.
- With the exception of the bunk bed, all other beds are divan beds.
- Each room has a basic electric kettle.
- All bedrooms have a standard fire door and smoke detectors.
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities containing a step in shower with small
step, a toilet and a wash basin.
- Most en-suites have hard flooring.
- There is a small, level terrace at the front of the property, which is lined
with large pots containing plants.
- The terrace flooring is tarmacadum. Wooden benches and plastic patio chairs
provides a seating area.
- Smoking is permitted outside on the terrace. A wall-mounted ash bin is
provided for the safe disposal of cigarette butts.
- The Moorings is open most of the year with the exception of Christmas and New Year.
- From 1st July 2015 a no smoking policy is in place due to insurance restrictions.
- A fire alarm is fitted which rings very loudly on all levels, and within
- Front and side doors can be used for evacuation.
- Emergency lighting is fitted to both ground, 1st and 2nd floor landings.
- With the exception of guide dogs, no other pets can be accommodated.
- There are water-filled fire extinguishers on all floors.
- There is generally a good reception for mobile phones from all areas.
- Medications, special dietary foods & baby milk can be stored in the
kitchen fridge. Although not available 24/7, a cool box with frozen ice blocks
is available for night-time use.
- Irons, boards, and hair dryers are all available on request from reception.
- All rooms are provided with a Welcome Folder. Amongst other useful
information, this contains telephone numbers for emergency medical and dental
services. It also contains both the main phone number and the owners mobile
number for use in cases of emergency.
- The Moorings is situated just 1 road back from the Promenade.
- Address:The Moorings Hotel 52 Seafield Road, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 2LS
- Telephone: 01253 351822
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.mooringshotel.co.uk
- Hours of operation: 24 hours in the event of emergencies.
- Emergency number: Available in the Welcome Folder
- Local taxi (Blacktax) numbers: 01253 596596
- Changing the website to one which can be accessed in different fonts and
- A copy of the access statement to be added to the Welcome Folder in each
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any
comments please phone 01253 351822 or email email@example.com
Revised on: 01/02/2022